The Advanced and Premium licences of xmldocx include the Conversion Plugin. Its purpose is to convert document formats while keeping its content and visual style at the same time.
The main goal of the Conversion Plugin is to transform DOCX documents to PDF. However, it is also compatible with many other formats. This way you can work with the following document formats: DOCX, PDF, HTML, DOC, ODT, PNG, RTF y TXT.
The Conversion Plugin is multi-platform and compatible with Windows, Linux and macOS. Once installed, it is as easy to use this tag:
Thanks to the Conversion Plugin it is possible to perform the following conversions:
You can combine the Conversion Plugin with the embedHTML method to transform HTML to DOCX.
This way, the xmldocx functionalities allows you to achieve almost any type of conversion.
These are the most usual test cases when working with the xmldocx Conversion Plugin:
- Generate DOCX files from scratch or from templates and convert them to PDF
- Create a WYSIWYG HTML editor with CKEditor (or any other editor), convert the resulting HTML to DOCX and finally transform it to PDF, DOC and so on
- Transform DOC, ODT and RTF files to DOCX to modify their contents with xmldocx
- Convert DOCX files to HTML and embed them in a WYSIWYG editor. This allows to edit it online, then converting it again to DOCX to lastly transform it to PDF, PNG, DOC and so on
- Convert DOCX files to PDF or PNG to preview it in browsers
Apart from the features of the Conversion Plugin explained so far, xmldocx adds support for the following options:
- Generate PDFs in PDF/A-1 format
- Automatic generation of the Table of Contents (TOC)
- Default configuration for CKEditor
- Options to improve the final output of the documents
- Export comments and form fields...