xmldocx 7.5 now available
- 10 / 25 / 2017
We are glad to announce that xmldocx has reached a new version, which is now available for download for all our users. xmldocx 7.5 incorporates many new features and enhancements that make it the perfect document engine for your business.
This is the complete list of xmldocx 7.5 features:
- DOCXCustomizer: change styles of existing contents on the fly in documents created from scratch and templates (Premium licenses only).
- PDFUtilities: split PDF, watermark PDF (Advanced and Premium licenses only).
- Support for PDF 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 versions when adding watermarks, merging and signing documents.
- DOCXPathUtilities: split DOCX, remove a section and its contents (Advanced and Premium licenses only).
- New cloneBlock tag to clone blocks in documents (Advanced and Premium licenses only).
- Many improvements that enhances the performance of the library:
- Generation of DOCX files doesn't create temp files anymore, except when working with charts.
- HTML to DOCX conversion requires less time and memory.
- New option to generate DOCX files as a stream instead of physical files (Premium license only).
- Support for HHVM (http://hhvm.com) (Premium license only).
- DOCXPath: range of elements, iterate all elements not only the first one, siblings (Advanced and Premium licenses only).
- replaceChartData improved to allow changing titles, legends and categories (Advanced and Premium licenses only).
- Charts improvements: new data structure to allow repeating name values, all charts can be edited when the DOCX is opened, majorUnit, minorUnit, scalingMax and scalingMin options for bar, col, line, area, radar and scatter charts, smooth option for line and scatter charts, styles for titles, show legend keys and series labels, format data labels in col and bar charts (rotation and position).
- Add charts from existing XLSX files.
- Character styles support.
- Improved importing tables from HTML with colspan or rowspan values.
- New tag to create custom character styles: createCharacterStyle.
- New styles for paragraphs, headings, links, texts and styles: double strike through, vanish, scaling, position, underline color, character spacing and character borders.
- New options for addImage: relativeToHorizontal and relativeToVertical to add images relative to page, margins, columns and other positions in the document.
- Improved merging of DOCX that include list styles with images or themed charts.
- Set protected and editable regions using CryptoPHPOCX.
- Set math equations alignments.
- SignDocx allows adding multiple signatures.
- New option to set a start value with createListStyle.
- Set custom settings using the docxSettings tag.
- Added RTL support when importing HTML lists.
- Improved replace WordFragment in headers and footers to achieve a better performance.
- Use replaceListVariable and replaceTableVariable in headers and footers.
- Set created and modified dates.
- Use superscripts, subscripts and strikethroughs in texts.
- replaceListVariable and replaceTableVariable options now support the use of WordFragments as values.
- New tags to clone and move contents with DocxPath (available for Advanced and Premium licenses).
- New option to add URLs in images with addImage.
- New option to apply the WordFragments styles when placing content in lists.
- rawSearchAndReplace, a new tag that replaces strings in any XML file of a DOCX.
- Added page-of option to insert numberings of the "page X of Y" kind.
To update your license(s), just log in, go to MY XMLDOCX and click the button UPGRADE TO.
xmldocx users with a valid License Update Service (LUS) can move to the new version for free.